Din Tai Fung Chicken Wings
How to prepare your Chicken Wings:
- Thaw out the chicken in the fridge overnight.
- In a clean deep pan, pour your choice of cooking oil to around 1-2 inches high, or just enough for deep frying.Heat the oil in high heat until the temperature reaches 170C, around 15-18 minutes.Note: If without a thermometer, dip the end of a wooden spoon or chopstick into oil. If the oil steadily bubbles around the utensil, it should be ready. If bubbling is too vigorous, oil is too hot.
- Gently place the Drumettes & Wings piece by piece into the hot cooking oil and fry until evenly golden brown, for around 8 minutes. If needed, fry in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Transfer cooked Wings & Drumettes to a plate lined with tissue to absorb the excess oil.
- Transfer to a clean plate and serve hot.