Manam Crispy Pata
How to prepare your Crispy Pata:
- Thaw out the meat in the fridge overnight. In a clean deep pot, pour your choice of cooking oil to around 3inches high, or enough to submerge at least ¾ of the crispy pata. Heat the oil over medium heat until the temperature reaches 200 C, around 25 minutes. The temperature will drop significantly once the pata is put in. Be careful of oil splatter.Note: If without a thermometer, dip the end of a wooden spoon or chopstick into oil. Oil should bubble around the chopstick quite vigorously.
- Fry pata until crispy and golden brown, for around 12-15 minutes, flipping it every 3 minutes or so to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Remove from the pan and let it rest for 2 minutes before serving.
- Get your biggest cleaver and chop it up.
- Transfer onto a plate, garnish with fried garlic, and serve with house soy sauce on the side, for family and friends to enjoy.